A few times a year, we tune in to watch as our favorite stars and celebrities hit the red carpet for their night of showcase and honor. A night where we watch them accept awards and nominations for the best of the best in entertainment. We ooh and ahhh over what designer they’re wearing as they hit the red carpet, and in our head (or perhaps out loud) give our thumbs up or down of approval.
A big part of that 'yay' or 'nay' vote is the shoes. At least, it is for us. So, we've compiled a list of nominees for Top 20 Designer High Heel Brands. We've chosen one shoe that exemplifies each brand. Here goes.
Top Designer High Heel Shoe Brands
20. Burberry www.burberry.com | Founded in the mid 1800's, Burberry is one of the oldest designer fashion brands still hot on the market. These riveted check pumps are a pointed toe pump with classic Burberry check print, embellished by a brass buckle at the toe. Anyone with any shoe sense would be able to match up this shoe with its iconic brand.
19. Alexander Wang www.alexanderwang.com | One of the youngest designers on our list, Alexander Wang is an American-born rising star whose downtown style draws inspiration from the 1990's grunge scene. These high heeled boots have 90's written all over them. A high heel doesn’t just have to stop at the heel. These black leather boots by Alexander Wang travel up your fashion forward legs, end with back knee cutouts, and accented with gold knee snaps. It’s a great high heel boot for all occasion; speaking success and style to all who watch.
18. Sophia Webster www.sophiawebster.com | A relatively new shoe designer, Sophia Webster has already seen tremendous success. These high heels embody all the gorgeous aspects of a fabulous shoe: glitter, glam, black, and a bow tie in front. Highlights your ankles perfectly.
17. Sergio Rossi www.sergiorossi.com Sergio Rossi's philosophy was simple: "Think of a shoe, not as a superimposed ornament, but as the continuation of the body". This turquose, geometric patterned pump with a pink patent leather toe and a red patent leather heel embodies that statement.
16. River Island www.riverisland.com | Rihanna may have just announced she will launch a fashion line through River Island, but it's been a global fashion icon for years. This sophisticated ankle high heel looks fabulous all year long. It’s covered ankle boot style with a high heel is a combo made in heaven. The rich blue color shocks and awes, and will turn heads everywhere you go.
15. Yves Saint Laurent www.ysl.com | He started his career working under Christian Dior, and ended up one of the most iconic fashion designers in history. This ankle strap sandal, featuring black suede and gold metallic leather, exemplifies Saint Laurent's style, which Catherine Deneuve once said was for "women who lead double lives.”
14. Prada www.prada.com | For the bold and the beautiful,. Prada’s silk beaded purple high heel has intricate beading, height, and glam. With an ankle strap that secures your heel’s sexiness, it can be worn at a fab event, a night out on the town, or down the red carpet.
13. Dolce & Gabbana www.dolcegabbana.com | Shoe Gods Dolce & Gabbana are an Italian fashion house with a highly recognizable name by most fashionistas. With this heel, they incorporate the historic art for of baroque into a black high heel. The gold scripted art with font strap provides a beautiful, elegant shoe for the most elegant of occasions.
12. Manolo Blahnik www.manoloblahnik.com | Manolo Blahnik was already an international, award-winning fashion brand before Sex and the City made it a household name. Putting 50 Shades of Grey to shame, this shoe’s sexy grey style, cutouts, heights, and sophistication make this heel our choice for the list. Great to wear to the workplace, in the board room, or a day out shopping for the top trends in high fashion.
11. Jimmy Choo www.jimmychoo.com | Jimmy Choo is known for his eye-catching dramatic designs, loved by all, worn by only the bold. These purple feathered high heels have double ankle straps for extra drama; just leading your eyes to the exotic feather tassels in the front of this stunning shoe. The photo doesn’t do this regal purple shoe justice.
10. DKNY www.dkny.com | Once in a while we need to step away from the glitz and glam of our favorite designer heels and wear something a bit more, low key? If you’re looking to do this; then the more simple, yet just as fabulous high heel by DKNY will do that for you. A great neutral brown for all seasons, this heel acts as a default when you still want to be stylish but keep a low profile.
9. Miu Miu www.miumiu.com | Born out of the Prada family, Miu Miu is a high fashion brand this list should not overlook. This shoe highlights neutral glam just the way we like it: mauve colored suede shoes with front straps and peep toes. The glittery gold back and heels steal the show as you strut your stuff to your red carpet event.
8. Valentino www.valentino.com | Valentino Garavani is a historic fashion icon who definitely makes our list with his black ankle high heeled boots. This shoe can take a cute little black dress in a completely different direction. Wrapped from ankle to tow with studded straps, this modern shoe turns heads and takes names.
7. Alexander McQueen www.alexandermcqueen.com | McQueen is known for his ability to mix strength with fragility. This white high heel exemplifies this, with elegance and a clean, sleek fashion statement. A white high heel that can be worn again and again at an array of occasions.
6. BCBGMAXAZRIA www.bcbgmaxazria.com | Elegance and femininity meets high fashion at BCBG. This shoe is stunning with an elegant lattice style, complete with gold heel stems. These little numbers would be beautiful for any spring event, including a wedding.
And the Top Five High Heel Shoe Designers...
5. Badgley Mischka www.badgleyandmischka.com | American fashion designers Mark Badgley and James Mischka have had great brand recognition through the years. In 2006, Sharon Stone replaced Mary Kate and Ashley Olesen as the spokesmodel. Then, their dress was worn by Charlotte York on Sex and the City. These shoes are one of our favorite styles most recently seen amongst brides and bridesmaids alike. Fun and frilly, this shoe speaks beauty, elegance, and chic perfection.
4. Aperlai www.aperlai.com | Alessandra Lanvin (married to a descendant of the famed Lanvin fashion house) is the creator of Aperlai, a red-carpet favorite. Aperlai is known for providing us with the freshest of high fashion, and this in-season mint heel is no exception. This shoe has the classiness of a sleek black high heel, the trendy mint color, and professional style, allowing you to wear this high heel anytime, anywhere.
3. Brian Atwood www.brianatwood.com | Nude high heels can get boring quite easily. But not this style by shoe legend Brian Atwood. Atwood is known for his playful and even flashy style, with heels that strike the perfect balance of "too much" and high fashion. Nude and black sophistication go hand in hand with these heels, creating a bold and daring high heel that everyone loves. Destined to continually top the shoe charts year after year.
2. Kate Spade www.katespade.com | Kate Spade is a New York based designer who started her career with handbags and now is a fashion staple for a multitude of items. Every woman needs a pair of basic black high heels. Kate Spade (as usual) goes the extra high heeled mile and brings us a classic black heel that can be worn anytime, anywhere and will never lose it’s timeless, fashionable elegance. A staple for every woman who has a love of shoes and fashion.
1. Christian Louboutin www.christianlouboutin.com | Are you seeing red more frequently on the soles of your favorite red carpet heels? That's Christian Louboutin's signature style jumping out at you. Louboutin is a favorite Parisian designer whose shoes top all sorts of lists. Louboutin’s “ Cinderella” high heel brought tears to many when this style was released. It was designed with love, inspiration, and the hope that every woman would feel like a princess in these. Intricately decorated with crystals, beading, and butterflies, this shoe is one that will never lose it’s place in fashion history. It surpasses all standards and is fit for a princess. We’re obsessed.